Thursday, July 30, 2009

What the heck is up with my facial hair development?!?

Alright, I'm 17 years old, and I have tons of facial hair, but it's all on the underside of chin- I have almost nothing on my cheeks and moustache area...WTF?? I don't really have sideburns, either, it is ALL on the bottom of my chin area and down to my neck. I wouldn't be worried, if it didn't seem like my face was lagging behind big time. I had severe acne before, and I have a lot of scars now, so maybe my hair follicles got messed up or something? I took Ritalin for three years before, and I was a vegetarian for several months- could these have messed up my growth??



What the heck is up with my facial hair development?!?

You're only 17, no worries man.



Your body still has so much development to go.



Also, some people just take longer to fill in. On the other hand, you may never be able to grow a full beard. Many people have patches where they are unable to grow hair at all.



Ritalin is suspected to hinder growth/development, so it is possible that you *may* be lagging behind because of it's use. It has never been known to stagnate growth though, so you shouldn't expect that you'd never grow out the hair because of it.



Your vegitarian diet for a few months wouldn't have messed up your growth permanately either. Vegetarian diets in and of themselves do not cause such things. An improper vegetarian diet maybe, but I would classify that under malnourishment regardless of what diet you were under. In any case, there would not be anything significant in three months time that would make you not grow hair.



And no, hair follicles do not grow back within scar tissue. Still though, surely the entire surface isn't a scar is it? Surely you'd have some hairs here and there sticking out from between the scars.



For areas without scars just wait and see. You have a lot of growing still yet, and best of luck to ya bud.



What the heck is up with my facial hair development?!?

You don't worry about it, when I start dating my husband he was 17 and had the same problem..........he started to grow it evenly when he turns 22(more or less)so.....don't worry be happy!!!!!



What the heck is up with my facial hair development?!?

hun, not really everyone grows hair in different places. I mean, One of my friends (female) has back hair. Pretty disgusting, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment